In lieu of a real post, today NaN’s Departments of Recycling and Shameless Self-Promotion have teamed up to offer a list of the posts on this blog that summarize its basic premises and central ideas. (The rest is hopefully not idle chatter, but it’s more random and topical than what’s on this list.)
For your convenience, these are now also listed in the left navigation bar, right under my profile.
- Getting started: introducing myself
- Why printed newspapers are doomed
- Why not wikify your newsroom?
- The basic unit of news
- Foundations for a new business model
- Why readers won’t pay
- The economics of moving away from print
- Maximizing online ad sales at newspaper sites
- What an “online-first” newsroom means
- Predictions for 2009